Thursday, June 09, 2005

Like a Consultant for the Very First Time

Like Madonna, I have to reinvent myself.

OK, so I don't have quite the mass appeal that Madonna does, I don't live in the UK, I don't have piles of money, and I'm not from Michigan. But I am 46 and so is she. And people don't buy everything I have to sell, just as they don't for Madonna. Or so she says.

So, Madonna and I have to work at it. Her? She's pushing another children's book, her fifth in the last three years. Me? I'm taking a stab at consulting, my second in the last two years.

By the way, some call us contractors. We, in the biz, prefer "consultant." We don't charge as much as contractors.

So I'm out there beating the bushes, marketing myself, trying to get people to pay attention to what I have to offer and to buy it. So is Madonna.

It makes me feel better to know that she has to work too.

No comments: